From £60,000 to £65,000 per year + Car Allowance + 20 % Bonus + Benefits
- Job term
- Job hours
Bugler Holdings Ltd. is the parent company of the Bugler Group. They have two subsidiaries; Bugler Developments Ltd and Bugler Homes Ltd. Bugler Developments have a proud tradition of over 30 years of excellence in the construction of quality residential and commercial buildings for both public and private sector clients. Bugler Homes provide quality homes for sale on the private market. They build a wide range of homes from the starter flat to substantial detached houses and continually strive to produce quality products and always try to consider their customers’ needs from design to after sales service. Established in 1982, they have pursued a carefully planned strategic growth plan to arrive at their current position as a widely recognised and highly successful constructor of social housing throughout London and the South East. As a result, the majority of their Directors and Senior Managers have worked with the Company for a number of years. With their existing portfolio of clients and a confirmed pipeline of projects secured for the next 24 months, predicted turnover is increasing by 50% to £45-50million. We are working in partnership with Bugler to recruit a role that will very likely become Financial Director in the future and one that plays a pivotal part in ensuring the ongoing success of this business. Key responsibilities of the position will include but are not restricted to:
· Management of interim and annual UK audit, preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs
· Ensure accounting policies and controls are continuously reviewed and maintained.
· Development of financial models to assist with monthly management reporting and quarterly forecasting.
· Manage, control and prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and cash flow).
· Identify and report directly to the finance director and commercial managers the issues identified from the monthly management accounts that require further analysis, corrective action or could result in variances against forecast.
· Consolidate and eliminate intercompany balances.
· Responsible for preparation of financial reports included in monthly Board Papers (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, cost/value & cash/value reports, overhead analysis and headcount analysis).
· Calculate the order backlog & order bookings on individual contract basis.
· Monitor the work-in-progress and aged debt on each contract.
· Produce rolling 12-month cash flow forecast.
· Development and production of monthly key performance indicators.
· Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet and the general ledger through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and co-ordination of reports.
· Responsible for the management, motivation, development and appraisal of no less than two direct reports.
· Maintain the fixed asset register for two separate legal entities.
· On a quarterly basis, undertake 24 month rolling forecast that includes detailed overhead analysis by cost centre, profit & loss by contract, balance sheet, cash flow, order backlog and employee analysis for entire operating unit.
· Prepare Executive Summary on a quarterly basis, showing variances against current and previous forecasts.
· Assist the finance director with preparation of five-year strategic plan.
· Validation of monthly and weekly payroll files before exporting the information to the financial system.
· Authorise weekly payroll, expenses, purchase ledger and subcontract ledger payments.
· Review quarterly VAT Returns.
· Calculate tax and national insurance contributions under a PAYE settlement agreement.
· Ensure P11D(b) return of Class 1A NIC is filed on time.
· Dealing with bank and other financial personnel where required eg pension, life insurance and medical insurance.
With exciting plans for growth and development Bugler are keen to see pro-active individuals, whether qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent or qualified by experience (QBE) with recent experience of working within a growing SME environment. You must have a hands on flexible approach to work, be able to manage and develop a small finance team and a strong ability to challenge existing processes and make recommendations where necessary. Those applicants with previous exposure to the construction, engineering, property or housing industry would have a distinct advantage but exposure to any industry will be considered providing you are working at a senior management level and keen to drive change. Those who are organised, work well with key stakeholders and are looking to join a fast paced, growing business with excellent prospects need to respond to the link for an immediate review of their CV.
Any direct / third party applications will be forwarded to Paul Andrews at Hays Senior Finance who is managing the vacancy on an exclusive basis.